How many of you like “to-do” lists? I am thoroughly enamored with them because I like to be organized (sometimes a little too organized…) and I like the feeling of satisfaction when crossing accomplishments off the list! The past couple of weeks have been a royal funk…. Won’t get into specifics here, but let’s just say, that with the warmer spring weather making an appearance I’m feeling less funky and feeling more energized!!!
Here’s my “Spring Projects Aplenty” To-Do List:
1. Finish painting in the master bathroom. The walls are finished, but still need to paint two storage doors and the front of the garden tub in high gloss paint. Also, need to finish decorating!
2. Strip, re-finish, and re-purpose an old bedroom piece of furniture and an antique chair. Need to make a trip to Hobbs tomorrow in search of the perfect upholstery material to cover the seat on the chair.
3. Tackle the mountain of family laundry that is piled on my bedroom floor. I’m sick of looking at it…. Unfortunately, at the rate that we go through laundry, the pile is perpetual…. at least I could have a laundry-less bedroom floor for a couple of hours???
4. It’s time to start cleaning up the landscaping beds in the front and back yard – I have been dreaming about landscaping, gardening, and mowing the lawn for months now! The “Bolinger Backyard Beautification Project” will commence soon, very soon.
5. Build a “raised bed” garden for vegetables. Gregg and I have discussed and discussed putting a garden in the backyard. There aren’t many good places to put one since our yard is heavy on the landscaping and play equipment and
well- worn Maddie trails… Christian and I have already started some seeds indoors – the other seeds have been purchased and are patiently waiting for the right planting time. A garden is going to happen this year, my friends, one way or another!
6. Read Jodi Picoult’s newest book, “Sing You Home!” Picoult is one of my favorite authors of all-time, so you can imagine how elated I was to get a copy of her newest book this past weekend! I read the first two lines on the inside jacket cover to see what the book is about and was immediately a fan: “Every life has a soundtrack, all you have to do is listen.” Well, twenty points to the first person who can explain why this book is relevant to my life!
I think that’s all for now. The list always accumulates more tasks than it subtracts, but for me, a busy life is a fulfilling life. It doesn’t help that I spend way too much time on my computer when I should be working on the “to-do” list…! Praise the Lord that the sun has emerged this afternoon!!! Happy sunny day!